Reliable channel overflowed

By Commandeer 12 months ago

I've been googling this now and can't really find any good solutions. I know what can cause it in normal gaming, but what in a map can cause the server to give this error to all players on almost every round start ?

I'm asking because my new deathrun map seems to give this error on a public server...I heard it could be because of too many entities, but I don't have too many of them. Any other things that could cause this error ?

16 posts 5,530 views
  • You must be a member

Replies

• Sally-2K's Levels
    • P2: Drudge
    • A3: Apprentice
      Account Age: 2 years
    Posted 12 months ago

Disable mic chat that might help.

But it mostly involves the entity limit being passed on the server.

Call me Masterb8es
  • Commandeer's Levels
    • E1: Helper
      EF: 6
    • A4: Graduate
    Posted 12 months ago

That's what I've mostly read too...The entity limit is 512 if I'm correct ? My map has below 350, so is it the server plugins adding too many entities ?

#3sixty Pictures
  • 77incho_cs's Levels
    • P1: Beggar
    • A5: Veteran
      Account Age: 5 years
    Posted 12 months ago

a mi me pasa lo mismo con mi mapa deathrun_aperture, lei mucho pero son solo opiniones. No son las entidades y ya hice mil pruebas distintas sacando y poniendo cosas pero nada funciono :S

[T]incho
  • Ricochet's Levels
      Account Age: 3 years
    Posted 12 months ago

Iirc, after one of the recent steam updates for CS 1.6, the entity limit should now be ~1800. Btw, I see these errors occasionally in the servers i play (zombie mod); the server managers say they occur because of some faulty 3rd party plugins.

Try playing around with cl..updaterate and cl..cmdrate, see if it helps.

Bananite
  • r3D w0LF's Levels
      Account Age: 1 year
    Posted 12 months ago

This is my video about cs 1.6 Dropped due to slot reservation. But it works also for reliable channel owerfload.

User Title
    r3D w0LF
  • Commandeer's Levels
    Posted 12 months ago

Posted by Ricochet Iirc, after one of the recent steam updates for CS 1.6, the entity limit should now be ~1800. Btw, I see these errors occasionally in the servers i play (zombie mod); the server managers say they occur because of some faulty 3rd party plugins.

Try playing around with cl..updaterate and cl..cmdrate, see if it helps.

1800 ? Is this officially announced somewhere ? The server I'm dealing with has a lot of private plugins so that could very well be one of the causes. If the entity limit is really raised to amounts like that then it's very unlikely that the problem is in the map itself ?

And yeah tincho it's sad that aperture didn't work because I really loved that map, especially aperture2 :/

#3sixty Pictures
  • Ricochet's Levels
      Account Age: 3 years
    Posted 12 months ago

Counter-Strike 1.6 update released February 20th, 2013 - alfred

• Added "edicts" option to liblist.gam file, for use in mods that want more than 900 entities in their maps
    • Increased supported entity count in Counter-Strike 1.6 to 1800

http://steamcommunity.com/games/10/announcements?p=4

Bananite
  • makiza's Levels
    • P1: Beggar
    • A5: Veteran
      Account Age: 5 years
    Posted 12 months ago

Everyone have no clue what the error means.

"Reliable channel overflowed" means something like "the server is sending too much shit that i can't handle." and happens when you do lot of stuff at the same time.

If it was for the entities then will be a crash with the "No free edicts" error.

If it's your server's fault then start removing plugins one by one until you remove the broken one.

If it's your map's fault then find another one. There's hundreds of maps here.

• r3D w0LF's Levels
      Account Age: 1 year
    Posted 12 months ago

Also when active a cheat(like speedhack) it gives this error because it has so much data transferred from server to your computer. Be sure if it isnt a connection error.

User Title
    r3D w0LF
  • Commandeer's Levels
    Posted 12 months ago

Posted by makiza Everyone have no clue what the error means.

"Reliable channel overflowed" means something like "the server is sending too much shit that i can't handle." and happens when you do lot of stuff at the same time.

If it was for the entities then will be a crash with the "No free edicts" error.

If it's your server's fault then start removing plugins one by one until you remove the broken one.

If it's your map's fault then find another one. There's hundreds of maps here.

Well thanks for explaining. I was wondering because the error only happens on certain maps, what is it in the map that causes it then ? I know by now it's the servers plugins causing it. I'm not running any servers, just trying to get my map to work there.

And I can tell this is definitely not caused by speedhack :D

#3sixty Pictures
  • You must be a member